Tuesday 22 December 2020

Welcome one and all!

 Howdy! (as Auntie M. would say!!!).

Imagine if, when travelling, you could stay in somebody else home instead of a hotel.

I do it a couple of times, in seaside towns, and y'know, it was real interesting every time. 

One colonial-era small home even had a jumbie!!! A ghost!!! Seriously! I ain't lying. It was a groaning ghost going: hhhhh hhhhhh hhhhhh. (Long story for another time).

Wasn't no fancy amenities in them homes. Plain. But super clean. Get you' own meals.

In the jumbie home, we sit in the verandah, facing the sea, with the hostess and other guests, and we gyaff...chat...before heading out to eat with some friends.

.................................................

After I return to me homeland, I useta day-dream, suppose we offer we home as a li'l stopover for foreign visitors.

All body (except murderers and teefman...thieves) woulda been welcome, though how to screen good from bad, I ain't know.

Welcome, Cowards.


Welcome, Relationship Experts.


Welcome, Environmentalists, Herbalists, Recyclists.


Welcome, Folklorists.


Welcome, Plant People.


Welcome, Ghost Hunters.


Welcome, Linguists.


Welcome, Nature-Lovers.


Welcome, Sassy Mamas.


Awwwww, waitaminnit, we can't travel these days.

Oh! Hold on! Who say you can't?

Never say never.

With one click, you can, no airplane fee, just sit in you' cosy chair at home and visit this tropical palavering place.

The book is out now, friends.

It is at:




To get it on mobi (Kindle) and other kinds o' format, please see Smashwords.

It is also free in libraries (ask for it).

I promise you hours of fun.

Welcome,

xx neena.

2 comments:

  1. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS.
    This is a treat I will give myself after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much, Child. I do hope you enjoy! It is the first in a series which look at the minute details of what make up life in a 3rd world country, and I hope, in some way, readers from other countries, developed countries, can relate to us. xxx

    ReplyDelete