Sunday 12 December 2021

Bed Talk.

My dear Friends,

Y'all ever hear about the gyal who take photos of she sad bed-life? And the next thing you know, the pikcha of the bed, or the bed itself, I ain't know which one, sell for a million or more.

I did laugh until I enlightened meself further, because, you know, that is the reason why creatives do what they do...they talk to we in different ways, open we eyes and mind to aspects about life we tend to ignore.

The installation bring to light depression, women private life, and it break the stereotypes of how women live. What could make a woman fall this hard that she can't get up?

As some of you know, I got a deep fascination for bed. 

I can't see a bed without thinking how privileged we are to have a safe place to lay weself down when we sick and tired or just want to relax. 

I think about them broken human beings on cold concrete, a cardboard for they bed. 

And refugees. I think about refugees every single day. The old folks and children, women and men, in tents, in the freezing cold.

Every morning, if I grumble to meself that I got to tidy up the mess I create when I shed blankets, tee-shirts, pyjamas, that I use during the night to keep warm, I remember those who would long for this again, this soft, warm chaos that they can smooth out to make a haven. I promise meself to find a way to help them, one day.


So many pillows!!

This weekend, I been staying in bed because I feeling the effects of vaccine number three.

I want to sleep so bad.

Take care, stay safe, and count your beautiful blessings, neena xx.

2 comments: