Tuesday 13 April 2021

The best place in the home.

My dear friends,

I been going through the manuscript of me first publish-book...and it dawn on me...I mention windows a lot!

Windows mean freedom to me, they connect me to the outdoors. 

They link we to the community too! Hahaha. Sometimes, as you can see, you got to shut them windows solid!

Hehe. That is a long story about the profanities.

I want to share with you some of the pikchas I did take of windows...I ain't a good photographer, but anyway, I hope you enjoy these.

My mother and her grandson.

Window in the lobby of our old family home.

Living room window, our old family home.


Window over a loo of the old family home.

Outside view of the same loo of the old family home.


One drizzly afternoon in my ex-apartment.

That is all for today, dear lovely readers.

Grinning curtain shutting out the afternoon heat..

I hope the weather, wherever you be, treat you kindly, and the view through you' window warm you' all the way to you spirit and soul.

Plenty love, neena xx

10 comments:

  1. Love your windows. I need them - and delight in the light they let in - and the life they show me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Child, I could sit at a window and be happy looking out. I marvel at the ways a child can do that...just looking out and discovering and being filled with joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved large windows and lots of light, but my brother is a cave dweller. When we were small and would move house, I would try and get a room near the top of the house, facing the sun. He would try and get the basement and put the wardrobe in front of the window.
    Even today he lives in a lower floor apartment with very little natural light

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, even as a child, I would sit by the window near the bed and stare at the patterns of light on the window.

      I used to think that one of nephews was strange for shutting out the light, and I know one other person who closes the curtains of his home...so that's what they are...cave dwellers.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your post and photos about windows! Thanks for coming by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra, such a delightful blog you have. I'll be popping by more often, if you don't mind.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read your blog for a long long time so it was good to see your comments on the Weaver of Grass blog. Good luck with the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave, good to see you again. :-)

      I've been dropping by your blog over time, but not saying much, just enjoying the photos. SIGH. How I love your pics of Wales.

      Thank you for your kind wishes for my book. It's one part of a project.

      Delete
  6. I love windows too! Thank you for sharing these pictures.... felt like a lovely glimpse into your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cloud, I hope all is well with you and Papa. Stay safe, my dear friend.

      Delete