Monday 4 October 2021

September.

Good day, my dear Friends!

In my lovely native land, Heritage Month done.

I wait 'til it finish to share these that I find around my sister home in Florider. 

Why? 

Cos we should remember, celebrate, after the day or month gone.

Place mat that I call The Sun Mat.

Hand-woven basket, now old, stained.

A small detail.



What would you do with this basket?

One more basket.

With Ma in Florider, what a hectic month! She turn 85! Imagine that! Eighty! Five! What a month. Visitors traipse in, pre-birthday, post-birthday, on weekends, with perfume, clothes, a plant, flowers, fruit.

GUESS WHAT CAME IN THIS!!

We eat, we gyaff...chat heartily...with fambly, laugh loud like fishwife, slap table-top like raucous man.

For 2 days this weekend, I vacuum and wipe the house. 

I thought it said:
ONE HEAVY DUTY CLEANING WIFE!

No lie! After all o' this, I feel a li'l frazzled, out o' me creative routine!


Got to make me list and refresh meself again, creative wise.

I turn to songs, photos, music, books, comedy, art, blogs.

Thank you, all you creative people everywhere. Thank you everyone of you who share you' love for nature, healing, beauty, art.

You are beautiful.

I love you all.

neena xx

6 comments:

  1. You have had one busy month. I hope that it fed your muse in ways you don't currently realise.
    What would I do with that basket (and all the others)? Admire and appreciate the work which went into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Child, I've cooked up a new project! As soon as I get it going, I will share here. I'm excited.

      It's interesting (and sad) how people in my country take it for granted, the artistry that goes into weaving those baskets.

      I gave baskets like these to a little old lady in Oz, and how she loved them. She would put bread in one, fruit in the other, and she placed them on her table.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your mother!
    She is a child of 1936 like my father, who had his 85th birthday just over 2 weeks ago :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, happy birthday to your father too!

      I can't stop thinking how 85 is only 5 years from 90.

      They both saw WW2, different places, different experiences, but the stories!

      Delete
  3. The baskets made me homesick for Africa. My mom had a friend who could weave like that, very similar. We still have two mats and a little pot thing with a lid. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I'd love to see the mats and pot with the lid, Mich. Photos, photos. :-)

      I'm listening to South African music. There's Sdala B and Paige, there's Mr. Style, there's Makhadzi. And of course, Trevor Noah's comedy is like music to my ears.

      Delete