Tuesday 2 July 2024

Get thee outdoors, they say.

Hello my lovely friends and all strangers passing through!

Sunday morning in this foreign land where my mother dwelling, I decide to trips outside to the front door ESPECIALLY because it grey out there. Who don't love grey? It full o' promise o' rain and thundah and lightning. Drama.

The morning been silent like the whole world still sleeping. Except for one scrawny thrush.

S/he been so joy-full, s/he singing like s/he is the entire band. Like a rock star, s/he leap an' jump. 

On to somebody car top s/he hop

S/he drop a load

Plop

White and wet

Then away s/he fly.

Oh my.

I was really glad it wasn't me. I was double-glad it wasn't me staring up in awe in the trees with me mouth open wide and she drop something then.

Can you imagine?!

Anway, I examine flowers, pull weeds and examine the flowers now turning to seed on the old fat-thyme. I pluck the seeds and flowers off the stalk and hold them in the palm of me hand. Mmmm. It smell heavenly...

...careful, missy, remember the lady you' mother did tell you about, the lady who sniff flowers and a bug eat out she nose?

Is okay, man, is okay, I ain't push me nose right into me hand.

I head back indoors and forget me dilemma. "Here, Ma, check out how this smell so nice."

I decide now to take a pickcha and 

WHAT THE HELL LOOK SOMETHING MOVING LEMME FILM IT TO MAKE SURE IT AIN'T NOTHING OH ME GAWD LOOK IT MOVING IS A SPIDER A THIN PALE ALMOST INVISIBLE SPIDER.


I run into the bathroom throw 'way the pile in the bin and now I praying me and me mother gon still have we noses.

I lie down to contemplate we fate, we future.

The rain splatta pon the window, sky bang the wind, but that ain't nothing compared to the drama in me head.

That was Sunday. So far, we still got we noses.

How y'all doing?



2 comments:

  1. I still have my nose too. And love the scent of the garden. And spiders. Such amazing architects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Child, good news, good news, I still have my nose too! I love spiders as long as I’m not inhaling them.😂

      Delete