Friday 20 April 2018

FOOOOOOOOD!!

Dear Everybody,

I live in a constant state of 'mouth-watering'.

Blame it on the neighbours. From they apartments, I does smell bread, chicken, steak, potatoes, coconut-milk, fish frying... 

I go for a walk, I smell beef curry, chicken curry, cook-up...which is rice and black-eye peas and beef and other stuff in coconut-milk.

Yeah, I know, I don't eat meat cos I can't digest it, but me stomach can't tell me nose what to enjoy, eh? (I ain't a vegan, and I don't believe in stopping people from eating what they want to eat).

(On another note...in the future, when vegans start passing laws left, right and center, perfume-houses gon make scents that smell like food. Imagine. Eau de Beef...it might even be red). 

I become such a connoisseur, tasting food via me nose, I can smell the garlic, basil, tomatoes; the oil in the curry.

I go to the supermarket or the green grocer that sell fancy imported food, and I walk up and down looking at labels and drooling, then I only buy one, two items. No wonder them security chaps does eye me up with suspicion.

Tomorrow is market-day.

Check out some o' the things I does buy:
A fruit. Sour. Make refreshing drink.

Snack-size banana.

Fruit. I suspect from India. Mix apple-flavour with cheese and some crunch...that's it.

Vegetable. Acquired taste but when you acquire it, you start craving for it.
I so hungry, I can't bear to think about food anymore.

Lunch today is fry okro (okra) and daal and rice.

And daz how I does explore the word, Dear People. If I can't go to exotic places, lemme make where I live exotic, eh?

From here to there & every where. Sometimes nowhere. Every day is an adventure.

See you soon on your blog, xoxo.

6 comments:

  1. Yummo.
    And now on the other side of the world you have me drooling too. If I short out the keyboard it is YOUR fault.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Child, seems like I've shorted out myself, not being here as promised.

      Delete
  2. Ive never seen bananas that small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George, if there's a West Indian market near you, you might find these bananas...I don't know...

      It tastes different from the regular banana too...more flavour. Like there's spice and milk in it.

      Delete
  3. I would enjoy your cuisine - especially if you described it first and I expect it is as healthy as it is tasty. I'm off to snack on one of my small bananas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, I've been experimenting with cooking healthy but tasty food...stewed peas is my special thing. Soup too. I love soup. I don't think nice food has to take forever to prepare.

      Delete