Sunday 13 October 2024

Pathetic Fallacy.

Dear friends…and dear strangers passing through,

In literature they got a term, pathetic fallacy, where you attribute human feelings to non-human things. For example, you say the sun cheerful. Or, the sky grey and sad. 

Pathetic fallacy always fascinate me even though I did find it a bit melodramatic.

Today, I recognise how it work.

The sky really grey today, and I…well, it look like how I feel right now. Even though, plenty times, grey sky make me joyful.

I weeping inside today. Someone I never did meet in person, but I meet via blogger, and was blogging friends for years, pass away.

To me, she was one of the darlings of the blogger-world. She was beautiful…she useta model. She was strong but vulnerable, she had a sense of humour, she been a li’l bit self-deprecating because she was a’ Englishwoman. She been gracious and didn’t like crude behaviour, and she speak she mind. Sometimes, I see meself in some o’ the things she useta say.

I ain’t know how to explain, you ain’t got to meet people in person to have positive feelings about them. You just know. I meet so many lovely people via blogger, I just feel it in me insides, your kindness.

Rest in peace, dearest Pat of patspastimperfect blog. I like to think you’re with your true love once again.

2 comments:

  1. This is so sad. I didn't know her but feel your pain. Our blogging friends (you included) become very dear to us don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute to our friend, Neena xx

    ReplyDelete