Sunday 19 June 2022

In this folder.

Me lovely Friends and all o' you passing through,

In times o' disaster, you can learn something good. Tell me if I wrong.

Last Sunday, as I go to write on me blog, me ole Back Up Laptop In Case The One I Writing On Die (also known as BULICTOIWOD), it die.

Before that, the First One That I Been Writing On, it go phuuuut in 2020. 

Good thing I had the BULICTOIWOD, flash drives. I immediately go into action and continue smooth-smooth like them chaps in Mission Impossible. 

But, like I say, the BULICTOIWOD go to black screen.

And I ain't had a BULICTOIWOD 2 to work on.

That, dear Friends, is how the something good happen.

Me nephew, 22 years old, accompany me to the computer store and help me to choose a new one that fit me budget; he help me to find a' external hard drive too.

Last Sunday gon stay in me folder o' Happy Memories.

On the way to the store and back home, me and he gyaff. He tell me about he studies, he plans, and he convince me to look at Anime shows; he tell me how he feel it can benefit me creatively.

As he talk, I listen. 

In the silent spaces, as I watch the sun light on them trees, me mind open files, click-click, look...

...li'l baby, huge, dark eyes in sweet brown face and a smile that make me want to pick he up whole day...

...me and he watching the Indian film Lagaan, playing hide and seek. Me reading Good Night Moon to he 'til I get hoarse. I talk Creolese to he sometimes, and he understand... 

...he high pitch voice, he pronounce 'r' like 'w': "We'we going to see Bwotha Beaw."

Click. 

This file is blank. 

He grow up and move way. 

I let it be, I let he go, but I miss the link.

'Til last Sunday.

I store last Sunday in me folder.

I got 4 more nephews and one niece with siblings, and plenty more thanks to cousins. I would love, one day, to full up me Happy Memories with the ones who want to connect. 

One day.

Have a happy week making connections, dear Friends, open the door to you, make space in you' heart. I read this thing about love somewhere...that no matter how many people you love, you heart never run outta space.

Take care, stay well, plenty lurve, neena xx.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. And I am so glad that you can communicate with us again. I would miss you (big time) if you stopped. For any reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Child, thank you. You're in my Happy Folder too. I talk about you too, how you bring such positive vibes to the blogosphere.

      Delete