Monday 21 March 2022

Caregiver role.

Dear Friends,

If you ever find you'self in the role of caregiver, me heart go out to you.

Nobody...noooooooobody don't understand the soul-breaking, emotional trauma, the toll it can take on the personality, until they in it. Nice-nice ladies who always laughing tell me how it affect them and make them into grumpy ole men.

On to a li'l good news.

I start a newsletter, yay!

neenamaiya.substack.com

This is what I write there:

Coming soon...

Emails about life on the edge of South America.

Every other Sunday, I will take you exploring a landscape, a dreamscape, where even the mundane can be intriguing.

I will show you the stunning and the ordinary. The ludicrous, the lyrical. A raindrop, a waterfall. The amazing human being, the boring.

They all fascinate me in equal measure.

See you soon!!

Plenty love, neena maiya.

4 comments:

  1. Care giving is a dreadful role. An exhausting demoralising role. Which perhaps only those who have done it understand.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Child, thank you for saying this. Because, coming here, trying to be everything for my mother, had started taking its toll on me. I've started taking steps to take care of me too. Thank you for understanding, thank you so much. xxx

      Delete
  2. Being a carer for my mother was the most emotionally draining job I ever had, and with 2 difficult daughters, both with issues, that's saying something!

    Good luck with the newsletter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joey, I'm so happy both you and Child have confirmed that I am not a bad person, just drained. I drew inspiration for your blog, your talking about it. Thank you for the honesty. And your good wishes for my newsletter. xxx

      Delete