Tuesday 14 December 2021

Come join me on my yacht.

My Dear Friends, Book Lovers, Nature Lovers, Food Lovers, Culture Lovers, Travel Lovers, Language Lovers,

December 16 2020, I launch me 1st book in the Guyana series: Big Ole Home By De Sea.

I suspect de book baffle some people.

Here is a li'l truth about de book (with more like it to come).

I like to stretch rules creatively. To experiment. 

I didn't want to write a book that, as they say in the writing world, is "plot driven". 

I want you to feel as if you wander off the beaten track, get lost, and I invite you in to gyaff...talk...whole day and night. Kill mosquitoes. Eat (not necessarily mosquitoes). Drink (not necessarily maskita blood. Or human blood - we ain't old huiges).

I serve you slices o' life - salty, sweet, vile. 

I throw snap shots at you. Show you skits. "Mind videos". You hear mutterings, musings, laughter. 

You watch we dreaming. Lounging. Longing. You witness mother and daughter learning to live in harmony, and grassroots-people mingling with money-people. 

In de book, you "hear" we raw, unedited (even though I work me tail off to sculpt the words).

De book is still a' e-book. Starting Friday, December 17, to the end of New Year's Day, it is on a Smashwords sale binge. 

If y'all buy this book, y'all can join me on me yacht...which I plan to buy from sales of this book. (Read about the yacht in de book).

Well, even if you don't like to read e-books, you can get 2, 3 e-books for friends. Tell them how much you love them, and you know this book gon warm them and keep them happy in the freezing cold winter months.

You can get it for them right here:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1000769

Look on the right hand side. See the "Give as a gift" link?

All aboard.

Much love, neena xxx.

P.S. I got plenty life-jackets, don't worry.

2 comments:

  1. Hey what about music lovers too! I'll check out the link now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey, ESPECIALLY music lovers!!! I'm heavily into Afrobeats and Amapiano. Actually, I didn't know that's what that music was called, I'd hear it in Georgetown, and LOVE it!

    Thank you for checking out the link xxx

    ReplyDelete